4 cups grilled vegetables (check for recipe in Kosherstreet)
12 large, whole portabella mushrooms
2 cups couscous
2 cups spinach
1 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup parmesan cheese
2 cups marinara sauce
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Clean out portabella mushrooms. First remove the stem and the inside fan-like debris from the underside of the mushrooms. Then wash thoroughly. With your hands, shmear the minced garlic into the cavity of the portabellas. Lay them top side down onto a 9×13 inch baking pan. Brush the portabella with a little olive oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until mushrooms become soft and slightly shriveled.
Place olive oil in a saucepan on low heat. Add garlic and spinach. Add couscous and mozzarella, salt and pepper, mix everything with a wooden spoon until combined.
In a small saucepan, heat marinara sauce.
Assembling the Tower:
- Pour a ladle full of the warmed tomato sauce on a plate
- Lay a mushroom top down into the middle of the sauce
- Place grilled vegetables in center of the mushroom
- Lay a second mushroom top down on top of the grilled vegetables
- Place spinach, cheese and couscous mixture in the center of the second mushroom
- Lay final mushroom top up and sprinkle with parmesan cheese