Disco Fries – or Poutine: These are dangerously addictive!

Hey KS fans – especially Esti Shachner from Montreal!

You asked and we delivered here on kosherstreet – Poutine !! or for s Americans the Disco Fries

For those of you unfamiliar with this dangerously addictive delicacy - simple put they are French Fries that are smothered first in a brown gravy sauce and then a cheese sauce (traditionally cheese curd – But here in the states there is no such thing that I know of that is kosher) So we made up our own recipe and boy if you are a fan of my nachos and cheese recipe – this one is even better!!!

These fries are in no way dietetic or cholesterol free – and please don’t even attempt to try and make them fat free – it’s just not going to happen - so just indulge and enoy!!!

Happy Cooking!

1 cup Heavy Cream

1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese

2 cups of cubed Cheddar Cheese

1 tsp. garlic

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. fresh black pepper

In a skillet heat saute the onions in butter until they  are  cooked (about 6 minutes) . Add the chicken broth mix well. Let cook down for about 3 min and then add the flour and mix with a wisk till thickend. Remove from heat and pan and set aside.

In the same skillet add the heavy cream and bring it to a near boil (it shld look foamy and simmering). Add the parmesa

n and all the spices and mix well. Then add the cubed cheddar cheese and mix until they have semi melted. Remove from flame.

Pour the gravy over the cooked fries and then pour the cheese sauce  -Serve and enjoy!!!

WATCH ME MAKE DISCO FRIES JUST CLICK THE LINKS!

disco fries part 1

Disco Fries Part 2

Disco Fries Part 3

Disco Fries Part 4

Disco Fries Part 5

Disco Fries Part 6

Print Friendly
Print Friendly and PDF

About the Author

For the last 8 years Sarah Lasry has been the heart and soul of the successful and celebrated Tastebuds Gourmet Café & Flower Shop in Howell, NJ. Sarah opened and ran Tastebuds to much critical appraise for her unique approach to delicious, kosher gourmet cooking as well as her legendary parties, original style and artistic culinary flair. In 2006 Sarah wrote the acclaimed bestselling cookbook “THE DAIRY GOURMET” which revealed all the secret recipes of Tastebuds Café. With much anticipation from her many fans and fellow foodies, Sarah’s brand new cookbook “THE AT HOME GOURMET” just hit the stores with high praise and reviews. Sarah currently resides in Lakewood, NJ where she has recently left the restaurant business to concentrate on her passion for writing cookbooks and is hard at work as the Food and Home contributing editor for Binah Magazine and www. Kosherstreet.com.

Comments (8)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Hudy says:

These look awesome!!! I find that many frozen fries have a terrible after taste. what company would you recommend?

2. Sarah says:

Hey Hudy,

As far as the aftertaste with frozen fries – I have never actually had that issue – I am embarrassed to say that when I use frozen fries – it’s usually whatever is the cheapest and kosher :) To me they all taste the same. I do know that the ridged skinny fries have a better crispier consistency when baking than any other that I have tried
    Hope I was slightly helpful – if you made this recipe I would love to know how it worked for you – Happy cooking! Sarah

• Naomi says:

I agree with Hudy. Most frozen fries are blah. My favorite is Mccain definitely worth a couple extra bucks.

• SARAH says:

Thanks Naomi – I will have to pay more attention to my frozen fries – usually I make from scratch – but def have gone to frozen when time is a factor – But my fries are usually smothered in one thing or the other – so maybe that way I dont notice the after taste :)

• Hudy says:

I made these last night for a couple of friends. The cheese sauce was a bit salty, but otherwise it was awesome and everyone loved it!! I told myself before i made it though that it would be a one time thing because it is definitely a heavy, high calorie dish.
      Thanks for posting!

• admin says:

Thanks for letting us know – If you used a sharp cheddar instead of a mild cheddar – could be the reason for the over saltiness? but I am So glad you enjoyed none the less – I agree – this is a once in a very very blue moon treat!! But oh so worth it :)

3. Esther says:

Hi. What is cubed chedder cheese? Can i use shredded chedder cheese?

• Sarah Lasry says:

Hey Esther,

Cubed Cheddar is simple – I took a block of cheddar cheese and cut into small cubes. – the reason for that is because I wanted big chunks of semi melted cheese to imitate the cheese curds that I did not have kosher – But go ahead and used shredded cheddar – it will taste just as awesome!