Hot Chocolate Chip Cookies has been all the rage for many years now – and it never really get’s old in my house.
Here is a recipe that I love to make – but with a twist. I stick them in individual ramikins so that I can keep them warm in the oven or the blech Friday night. I always serve with some delicious parave ice cream (my favorite is the Kliens Brand or Coconut Ice Cream Sorbet – Sharons Brand). Or you can skip the ice cream all together and just serve with a nice dollop of whip cream!
A realy easy delicious chocolate chunk cookie recipe that freezes beautifully – (if you want to cheat you can always buy frozen dough a well
Have a great Shabbos Nachamu!
3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
1 cup unsalted margarine
2 large Eggs
1 t Vanilla Extract
1 t Sea Salt
3 Cup all-purpose, unbleached Flour
1 t Baking Soda
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate (cut into 1/2″ chunks or smaller)
Preheat oven to 375° F
1. Beat together the margarine, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
2. Sift together the flour and baking soda. Stir into batter, then add chocolate chunks and stir until well mixed.
3. Roll into 1 1/2″ thick logs. If not using soon, freeze the logs for future use, otherwise cut the cookies into equal portions, about 3/4″ thick.
4. Fill ramekins 1/2″ deep with raw cookie dough. Place ramekins on sheet pan and put in middle rack of oven. Bake 12-18 min., or until top starts to turn golden brown. (remember you want them slightly undercooked, but not too doughy.)
5. Remove from oven and place each ramekin on a napkin (this allows you to hold the hot dish as you eat your dessert delight.) Top with a couple scoops of ice cream. Grab a spoon and enjoy.