One of my all-time favorite candy bars is the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup and my favorite way of eating them is usually after I have frozen them. I recently came across this great recipe that actually makes a frozen pie dessert out of them – calorie heaven! I know I am on a little health craze lately, so that is why I make these in small mini pies and eat just a small portion of that – moderation and after all peanut butter is PROTEIN!
These are great for dessert to any dairy meal and can be kept in the freezer for weeks.
Tips: If you have a peanut allergy, try substituting Nutella for the peanut butter.
This recipe was made in three 4 inch mini springform pans, but it can just as easily be made in a 9 inch pie pan or cake pan.
Frozen Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
Adapted from a recipe www.bakersroyale.com
Preparation: Lightly butter springform pan if it is not non-stick. If you do not have a springform pan line a cake pan with a piece of lightly buttered foil leaving a one inch over hang around the edges for easy pie removal or alternately use a traditional pie pan.
- 24 oreo style cookies, crushed
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 ½ cups Heavy Cream or Whip Topping
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup confectioner sugar
- ½ cup crushed Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (or you can use any of your favorite peanut butter chocolate candy bar)
Oreo Crust Instructions:
- Place Oreos in a food processor or blender and pulse until cookies are finely crumbed. Alternatively, place Oreos in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Mix in the melted butter and then firmly press crumbs into pan to create a crust. Bake crust at 350 degrees F for 7-10 minutes.
- In a mixer using your whisk attachment, whip up 2 ½ cups of heavy cream until you have stiff peaks
Reese Peanut Butter Pie Filling Instructions:
- Place peanut butter and confectioner sugar in a pan over low heat and stir until combined and peanut butter is melted. Set aside for five minutes to cool. Gently fold in peanut butter mixture into Whip until combined. Gently fold in crushed Reese’s pieces into peanut butter Cool Whip mixture.
- Pour mixture into Oreo crust and freeze for 3 hours. Garnish with caramel and chocolate drizzle (for added decadence rim with chopped Reese’s pieces).