Hey KS fans,
There are literally thousands of chicken recipes out there in the world – but by far this is the best roasted chicken recipe ever that you will find. The chicken comes out both crispy and moist, fragrant and savory, with the added bonus of delicious roasted garlic that just tops this whole dish off.
So simple to make, this is my go to chicken recipe for dinner on weeknights or for Shabbos and Holidays. You can never go wrong when you serve this dish!
Have a great weekend!
Paprika Herb Rubbed Roasted Chicken with Garlic
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1tsp. cilantro dried
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Coarse salt
- 2 whole chickens (3 to 3 1/2 pounds each)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 heads garlic, halved horizontally
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix together all the dried spices, and 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoon salt. Place chickens, breast side up, on a rimmed baking sheet, and tuck wings under. Tie legs of each bird together with kitchen twine. Pat chickens dry with paper towels. Rub skin of each with 1 tablespoon oil, then with paprika mixture. Stuff 2 garlic-head halves into each cavity.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees. Roast chickens for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and baste with pan juices. Scatter remaining garlic-head halves around chicken; drizzle garlic with remaining 1/4 cup oil, then turn cut side down on sheet. Roast for 10 minutes. Tent birds loosely with foil. Roast until juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of each thigh reaches 165 degrees, about 30 minutes more. Uncover chickens, and let rest for 10 minutes before serving with roasted garlic.