Radicchio is a great alternative to the traditional romaine and iceberg lettuce salads. A little bitter in taste it is lettuce much like an endive that you either love or hate. The great thing about radicchio is you do not have to check that lettuce for bugs!
Here is a great recipe I got from whole living magazine -that is absolutely delicious and a great salad to have for lunch as a meal!
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup chopped Vidalia onion
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 15-oz. can rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 2 cups sliced radicchio
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chop lemon into 1/2-inch pieces and remove seeds. In a medium bowl toss with onion, parsley, chickpeas, radicchio, feta, lemon juice, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Read more at Wholeliving.com