Hey KS Fans,
Well I must admit I am very very new to the Gluten Free world! But because I have been getting SO MANY requests for gluten free recipes and because it never hurts to go a little gluten free in your life – I decided it was time to do SERIOUS research and recipe testing.
Among the first books I bought was Elana Amsterdam’s book on Gluten Free Baking
This book has gotten some rave reviews and I am still waiting for my copy from amazon to see what I can play around with. However in the mean time I have been to her website and have discovered this delicious Gluten Free Bread Recipe.
Now I must admit, being a newbie to gluten free- I DID NOT have high hopes for this “bread” recipe –but I was very wrong – it was delicious and just like ELANA describes “It has a nice nutty flavor from the flax meal which makes it almost have a kind of “whole wheat” thing going on, and it has a lovely little bit of sweet flavor from the honey”
The one annoying thing about Gluten free I find is that I normally don’t have all the ingredients needed on hand – and so I made an expensive trip to my local health food store. But it was well worth it if I can make more recipes like this one!
So thank you Elana! – Check out her website Elana’s Pantry for more great gluten free recipes – highly recommended!
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ cup golden flaxseed meal
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Place almond flour, coconut flour, flax, salt and baking soda in a food processor
- Pulse ingredients together
- Pulse in eggs, oil, honey and vinegar
- Pour batter into a greased 7.5″ x 3.5″ Magic Line Loaf Pan
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes
- Cool and serve