For the last 8 years in the restaurant business -this was my busiest day at the cafe and was for me REAL LABOR DAY!
SO what a pleasure to actually have the day off (sorta) and enjoy this gorgeous weather while it still lasts!
I have been sitting on this Black Bean Burger recipe for a few years now from Gourmet Magazine and thought today was the perfect day to break it out.
Not only is it chock full of protein and good for me – it is super tasty and delicious.
A great Burger with out the BBQ and one that I can still treat myself to the last day of summer Rita’s ICE CREAM custard cone I have been dreaming of !
Enjoying my LABORless Day!
Black Bean Burger
- 2 (14-oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 soft hamburger buns
sour cream; salsa; lettuce
- Pulse 1 can beans in a food processor with mayonnaise, bread crumbs, cumin, oregano, and cayenne until a coarse purée forms. Transfer to a bowl and stir in cilantro and remaining can beans. Form mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Cook burgers until outsides are crisp and lightly browned, turning once, about 5 minutes total. Serve on buns.
Join our Facebook Page and our Kosherstreet Healthy Recipe Exchange Group where our KS fans are
exchanging healthy good yummy food daily!