Hey KS Fans,
I was just looking for something to do with all these extra bananas I have lying around my house. I am about to fly off to Israel and it would be a real shame to throw them out.
Yes, I could bake banana bread, but just not in the mood to start taking out my kitchen aid and getting a bunch of bowls dirty at this point of the day. So lucky for me I found this great recipe on Martha Stewarts web site for frozen chocolate banana pops. Between me & you I don’t think we need a recipe for this, but so happy to come
across the idea! I also think it would make a great Yom Tov dessert and it is something your kids can do today while they have off from school! A great way to keep everyone occupied & happy!
Frozen Chocolate Banana Pop Treats
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 popsicle sticks or wooden skewers
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut crosswise into thirds
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a pan of gently simmering water. Stir just until melted.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Insert a popsicle stick in one end of each banana piece. Dip banana, one piece at a time, in chocolate, spooning on additional chocolate to cover.
- Sprinkle each banana with peanuts, and set on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, 20 minutes, or up to 3 days.