Hi Kosher Street Friends!
This freeeeeezing weather is really making me yearn for the sun!I wanted to warm myself up by thinking of bright sunny colors and compiling a blog of deliciously warm and zesty interior spaces. From butter to lemon to dandelion yellow rooms can be perfectly lovely. Yellow can be used in many ways. A neutral space with a touch of yellow is fantastic, yellow plus another color is fabulous, and monotone yellow is beautiful as well.
Designer tips when dealing with the color yellow:
1. A simple inexpensive way to add a little bit of instant yellow color to your draperies is as follows- apply a thick yellow grosgrain ribbon around all edges of a simple cheap fabric or your existing fabric.
2. Cover lots of old large books in yellow paper and put them into a neutral bookcase then add fresh yellow flowers (love yellow tulips or orchards) to your coffee table or commode.
3. Re-cover your old outdated throw pillows with a bold bright patterned yellow fabric.
4. Want more yellow?! Repaint 1 item in one room in a bright yellow color. How about your old dresser or kitchen table or thrift shop mirror?
5. Remember- fabulous design need not be about money. A little creativity and flea market/thrift shop/antique stores shopping can go a LONG way.
Interiors of the bookshelves are painted a bold yellow and the floral green and cream sofa in front it gives the room an eclectic acquired feel.
This transitional grey yellow and green bedroom is sophisticated and has a nice balance of masculinity and femininity. Adore the placement of the modern artwork above the night table and the plush velvet antique chair.
Why not beautify your laundry room? This deep yellow Farrow and Ball wallpaper creates instant “chicness” into an otherwise boring space.
Don’t want an entire yellow sofa? Throw some yellow throw pillows onto a crisp slip covered sofa and voila! The inserted wallpaper on the panel is so smart and beautiful.
Rich monotone yellow in a guestroom is soothing and serene.
Touches of lemon yellow on the linen, throw pillows and accessories meld so nicely with all pink in this fun girl’s room.
I just love this living room. I swoon over shades of yellows and blue together. The large overscale modern artwork makes this traditional room into a transitional eclectic space. The draperies are terrific the bold blue chairs are gorgeous when placed in front of the yellow chinoiserie wallpaper.
A modern kitchen with an old farmhouse island. Snazzy yellow stove! Crisp and fresh.
This yellow office/den is so chic! One thing I would change is the carpet color. With all the upholstery being yellow, I would like to see a neutralized carpet /rug color. Love the wall of dark modern bookshelves.
In this dining room, a yellow Asian cabinet is the focal point. The citrusy yellow color on the cabinet works beautifully with the Hollywood regency purple-blue chairs.
In this photo, I wanted to show you how accessories such as pillows and fresh flowers can really add such a punch of color to a room. I don’t love the sofa or the mirrored tables but the wallpaper is great.
Hope you all enjoyed this weeks post and cant wait till you see what I have in store for next week!
Interiors by Marissa, LLC