#1 Rated Chanukah Donuts

A couple of weeks ago, when I was in Brooklyn, I stepped into The Peppermill on 16th Avenue and saw that they were selling containers of donut mix!  What could be easier than that?  Add warm water, let rise 45 minutes and the donuts are a piece of cake ;) .

So today, when my daughter invited us for a Chanukah party, I offered to bring donuts!

Print Friendly
Print Friendly and PDF

About the Author

About the Author: Rivky Eisenberg is a self-taught Pastry Chef who is famous for her Cheesecakes and Dairy Pastries . As the sole owner and baker of the very successful mail order Cheesecake business The Viennese Table, Rivky is also an accomplished food writer and overall Grand Dame of the Kitchen. You can see Rivky’s recipes and kitchen tips and foodie reviews on kosherstreet.com and her new blog Yumkosher.com To order Rivky’s Cheesecakes please call 732-364-8969

Comments (14)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. shuy says:

2 packets dry years equals to how many table/teaspoons?

2. shuy says:

can u bake them to avoid frying? does it come out good also ?

3. shuy says:

how many donuts does this recipe make approx?

• RivkyE says:

You can easily get 30 3-inch donuts from this recipe. Cutting out round donuts, results in scraps which can be rolled into a ball, allowed to rest for a few minutes, and then rerolled. Alternatively, you can make them square to avoid waste, however untraditional ;) .

4. mushi says:

2 questions, please.
    Can the dough be frozen? We really don’t need so many donuts.
    Can the batter be made in the bread machine on the dough cycle before proceeding to the rolling step?
    Happy Hanukkah and Good Shabbos!

• admin says:

The dough can be definitely frozen – I would freeze them already portioned out as donuts though – not in one big ball. – And as far as the bread machine – I am not sure – I have never used one and can not answer -

let us know how it comes out – Have a great Chanukah! Sarah

• mushi says:

Thank you… I usually use my bread machine when I make dough… I will let you know :-)

• mushi says:

The bread machine on the dough cycle worked wonderfully..just removed the dough, punched it down and then shaped the donuts, let them rise and fried them! Thanks agin for your recipe :-)

5. chaya says:

Thank you for the recipe- it looks delicious! Is there a way I can make the dough tomorrow morning and then fry the donuts later in the evening? Can the dough be stored in the fridge? Or, if i would freeze the dough how long do i have to let it rise before frying them?

6. Rivky says:

I don’t see why the dough couldn’t sit in the fridge for a few hours.

7. Delijah says:

Getting ready for Hanukkah this year and I had to find this recipe again. I made these last year for my family and they were a big hit. And pretty easy to make. I had to come find the recipe since it went so well before :-) Thank you!!

Jewish Newspaper